Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sweets for my Sweetie

Even though Valentine's Day is over, I made my hubs some yummy chocolate treats instead of buying him chocolate...because really, what's the fun in just buying chocolate?

Here's what you need:
chocolate wafers (I used dark chocolate)
wax paper
candy molds (I used an silicon ice cube tray)
assorted toppings (I used mini marshmallows and peanuts)


Start by melting your wafers.  I used a double boiler method but you can always speed up the process by melting the chocolate in your microwave.



Once my chocolate was melted, I filled my ice cube tray with chocolate and set them in the fridge.  Then I put wax paper on a plate and arranged marshmallows in little piles.



Then I drizzled chocolate over the marshmallows and chopped up some peanuts to put on top of the little candies.





After all the candies had set, I packaged them up so they looked cute enough to give to my sweetie!

No comments: