Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A McRib Review...

So I'm not exactly sure how it started, but sometime during my spring semester of freshman year (Note:  beginning of 2008) one of my friends and I become obsessed with finding a McRib sandwich.

Did you know that there was a tracker map online where people would post their McRib sightings across the United States?  Or that people tried to recreate their own sandwiches but could never get something quite right.

Last summer I tweeted to McDonalds and asked if we could get one.  They told me no. 

BUT THEN....a few weeks ago my friend sent me a link to an article, claiming that the McRib sandwich would be available for SIX WHOLE WEEKS starting today. 

I knew my mission.

Find a McRib and see if it was worth the wait and frustration to find one.

Well, over the weekend my mom surprised me and got me one.  I'll be judging the McRib on 4 different catagories; presentation, size, sauce, and overall taste and satisfaction.  Here we go.

Presentation gets 3 out of 5 fries.  The box was cute and made me all excited, but when I opened it, my McRib was totally messy and there was sauce all over the place which was kind of disappointing.

My saucy McRib. 


Size gets 5 out of 5 fries.  It was perfect, not to much bread, not too much meat, and I still had some room for a few fries after I finished it.

Sauce gets 4 out of 5 fries.  There was plenty of sauce on my McRib.  It was McDonalds classic BBQ sauce, which is totally yummy, but does have a little bit of zing and a ton of smokey flavor in large quantities.  I could have done with a little less, hence the loss of a fry.

Overall taste and satisfaction - 3.5 out of 5 fries.  I feel like maybe I hyped up the search and finding of the McRib and put it on a pedestal.  Though it was definitely a good sandwich, I don't think I'll be running to get one a few days a week.  It left me full and satisfied, but was a little messy.  Definitely not a "eat on the run" type of sandwich. 

It gets my thumbs up in approval.

I'd also like to state that I'm not a McDonalds freak.  This past weekend was the first time I've had McDonalds in months, so don't call me a fatty. 

Go get one!

No comments: