Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Gift for the Hubs...

So the Hubs has been bugging me for a drawstring bag for his iPod and cords for when he travels.  I was finally inspired to make one this afternoon.  Awhile back he gave me some of his old dress pants, so I took his brown corduroys and made a pretty kick ass bag.  He loves it!  Here's how I did it:

I cut two pieces of 6 in x 9 in fabric and ironed them.

I wanted to add something to the outside of the bag, and the Hubs favorite color is orange.  I had the perfect coordinating color to go with the pants!

After playing around with the stitching settings on my machine, I liked this one the best.

Then I folded the fabric over about an inch and did a straight stitch to make the coverings for the drawstring.

I cut a strip of fabric from the pants, pressed it in half and stitched it together.  I threaded it through  the loops, then sewed the three sides.  


After I finished sewing, I turned the bag inside out, tested the drawstrings, and handed it over to the Hubs.

Sorry for the crappy picture of the finished project. I'll take a better one later tonight.

No comments: