Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Seeing Green

I wish my title could refer to dollar signs but unfortunately it has to do with what I saw when I opened up my dryer yesterday afternoon.  I forgot to check all my pockets and washed a bright green crayon with some of mine and Belly Boo's things.  

The crayon.  And a very nicely spotted pack-n-play sheet. 

My white cardigan.

Belly Boo's purple cords. 

After a half hour of freaking out and figuring out what to do, I decided to try the following:  I placed my regular detergent and a cup of baking soda in the washing machine with our crayon speckled clothing and did a soak cycle with warm water.  It sat for a half an hour, and then I washed the clothing on warm with an extra rinse.  

Guess what?  Everything is clean, minus my white cardigan (of course) which has a tiny little green speck on the sleeve.  

I'm happy, and no longer seeing green on everything.  And if you're in need of a stain remover guide for Crayola products on pretty every much surface imaginable, go here, it's a life saver!

No comments: