Thursday, September 16, 2010

Home.

We've been in our house for over a year now, and we've been doing a lot of work to make it ours.  We've painted and decorated Belly Boo's bedroom, painted the living room and dining room, and I've made curtains in the living room, dining room and kitchen.  The Hubs has his man cave downstairs and I have my craft room upstairs.  This house is very well lived in.

But it still doesn't feel like home.

Home is still over an hour away at my parent's house.  It's close to where my family and friends are.  It's my comfort zone, where I know that everything is going to be okay.

I still don't feel that way here and I don't know why.  We live in a great area, but I still can't let go of Berks County no matter how hard I try.  Some days are better than others, but most of the time I just want to go home.  

Does it get easier?  And if it does how long does it take?

I hope it's soon.  I'm not sure I can take it much longer.


In less depressing news...it finally rained today, which is good because we needed it.  And we have a busy weekend coming up.  It's always something!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Aw, I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not sure if it ever goes away, but I hope it does for you!

Anonymous said...

I"m sorry :(
I've found I can always put down roots pretty quickly: home, school-home, london-home, etc...but you know, my mom always had the same issue your're feeling now. For her home has always been baltimore; no matter how long she's lived here she can't feel like it's home.
I'm not sure why that is, but you're certainly not alone. I hope you feel better and homier, soon, though!