Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy August

I can't believe it's already August.  A lot has changed since I made my list of goals in January, so here's an updated list!

1.  Eat healthier and exercise more.  I know that everyone and their mother says this, but I'm tired of carrying around all this baby weight.  It is something that really brings me down and I beat myself up over.  The Hubs and I just started P90 together, and I'm hoping that the program along with some extra gym time and healthier eating habits will help me get back to where I (almost) was in college.

2.  Finally suck it up and get my driver's license. Did this in May.  Freedom is a wonderful thing!

3.  Find a job. I'm currently training to be a bank teller!  I officially start in my branch mid-August

4.  Meet more people. Work in progress.  I've met some new people, but I'm hoping that having a job will help with this, too!

5.  Stick up for myself.

6.  Try new foods.  I've tried hummus (and liked it), and a few other new foods.  But honestly, once a picky eater always a picky eater.

7.  Take a photography class.

8.  Be the best momma and wife that I can, and have fun doing it.  I need to remember that life isn't a picnic and that not every day is going to be picture perfect.  I need to remember to laugh when Belly Boo does something totally horrible (like spilling a box of Cheerios on the floor tonight or being nice and bringing us a full glass of water while spilling it all over herself).  I need to remember that my Hubs works really hard and deserves a nap on the sofa after dinner every once in awhile.  But I also need to remember to take time for myself and have a little me time.

9.  Read more books, use the internet less.  With the exception of blogging, Etsy work and uploading photos on facebook, I'm really not on the computer too much anymore.  But I've only read a few books, because honestly I've been having too much fun with my kiddo.

10.  Enjoy all the curves that life throws at me.  Maybe not totally enjoying, but definitely working through all the little (and big) curves that have been coming at us this summer. 

No comments: